Saturday, May 20, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 6

Hello everyone. Today has been a welcomed day of relaxation - no doctors, no treatments, and no long car trips across Tucson.

I woke-up this morning feeling slightly ill, but nothing like I had been feeling on previous days this week. Ill to me means tired and sluggish... I have yet to experience any nausea! I woke-up around seven, but didn't head downstairs until eight. My stomach drove me out of bed, which prompted me to immediately grab a bowl of cereal. My options were plentiful, but since I've been having some digestive issues, I decided on Frosted Mini Wheats (for the extra fiber). I sat down on the couch with my bowl of cereal. Jess was in the chair next to me and the kids were watching T.V. upstairs in the loft. As I ate my cereal, I realized something was missing. I could taste the Mini Wheats, but I was having a hard time tasting the Frosted part. I did everything I could to focus my attention to that delicious, white frosted side, but nothing was registering. I looked over to Jess and told her I believe my ability to taste sweet was starting to go... bummer!

Jess eventually got up and started her day. Jacee had come downstairs and watched some M.A.S.H. with me. While sitting there, she recommended I make a smoothie for the both of us. I agreed!

I made a delicious fruit smoothie from frozen strawberries, mangoes, pineapple, peaches, and orange juice. I have made this same smoothie multiple times, so I know exactly how it should taste. I gave Jacee her share and took mine to the couch to enjoy. As soon as I took my first sip I could tell there was something odd about the smoothie. It still tasted okay, but it wasn't as sweet as it usually is. I could still taste some of the sweet tanginess, but it wasn't the same as it usually is.

I was feeling pretty good by late afternoon. No headache, no ill feelings, and I was experiencing a bump in energy. I'm hoping this feeling extends into tomorrow. I know this reprieve is only temporary, but I'll take it!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are feeling some better and not nauseous! Been following along at home and praying for you! On the plus side of not being able to taste to sweet, seems like most everything in America is too sweet. So maybe jelly beans and Mountain Dew won't he so bad ;)

    ReplyDelete