Friday, July 7, 2017

On the Path of Recovery - Day 10

Welcome back.

Well, we made it through another week. For many of you, it was a short week. For me... the days seem to drag on. There really isn't a whole bunch to report now-a-days.

The mucus continues to thin out, but still plagues me. I still tote around my foam cup... spitting into every couple minutes. Every so often, I'm required to hack-up something special. I hope the end of this mucus nightmare is near!

My weight loss is somewhat a concern. I seem to be loosing a pound a day. I can tell the lack of calories is having an effect on my energy levels, as I get extremely winded just climbing the stairs. Jess keeps urging me to increase the number of feeding, but the LH leaves me bloated and with a horrible case of acid re-flux. So, today I drank a high-calorie Ensure. I was able to take-down the entire drink, which pleases me. I could detect the chocolate flavor, but no thanks to my taste buds. I'm pretty confident the chocolate sensation I am getting comes from my sent detection... or whatever. I don't know how all that works... I just know sent helps with taste. Anyways, I think I will include a drink as an afternoon snake for here on out. Hopefully it will be enough calories to level me off. As I stated in the past... normally I'd be okay loosing weight, but in this case, I'm loosing muscle and not fat. I can really tell in my legs.

My tongue feels much better today. The sore is still there, but it doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it has in the past. In fact, I haven't used my mouth rinses nearly as often as I normally would.

My neck is slimming down quite a bit, which means the swelling must be going down. Jess has helped with messaging the lymph and swelling again, now that the pain has gone away.

I am healing, which is good. I have to focus on the small wins, otherwise I would go nuts. I'm ready for this to be done and over with. I'm ready to return to my normal life. This cancer thing has drawn-out long enough. Never again will I complain about a flu that takes me out for a couple days. I'll take a couple days over this any day. The end of July will mark four months of no work. Lets go already!

Thanks for allowing me to rant and rave. And, thanks for coming back everyday. I'll see your happy faces again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment