Saturday, July 1, 2017

On the Path of Recovery - Day 4

Happy Saturday, everyone!

I woke-up a little late today, but after last night... I'd say I earned it. I took a shower right after I completed my blog last night. Jess was in the bedroom getting ready for bed and I was feeling the sudden urge to clear my airway of some pesky mucous. I began-in on an a epic episode of hacking and cough, which quickly turned into gagging and dry heaving. It wasn't before too long that I was puking uncontrollably, for the second time that day. I had just fed just before I wrote my blog, so my belly was still full of dinner. Needless to say... I lost dinner... in the shower. It's a good thing I'm on a liquid formula; that could have been a nasty mess to clean-up. Anyways, I was eventually on my hand and knees feeling extremely vulnerable. This was way worst than the vomit session I had in the morning. This time I got to the point where nothing was left in my stomach, but my body insisted to continue to try. Every time my body went into contractions, I tried my hardest to expel whatever was in my throat. When the contractions ended, I would attempt to gasp for air... trying to avoid aspirating and vomit of mucus in the process. When it was all over... I felt exhausted.

I can't continue having these violent vomiting episodes. So, today I started taking Mucinex in hopes it will thin-out some of this mucus. The problem is... the mucus is SO thick and sticky that it isn't easily cleared from the airway, which then leads to be gagging. It is also extremely "ropy." There are two different forms the mucus comes in: big, dark, think wads; and extremely long, sticky strands. I kind you not... the "ropy" ones are like Spider-Man's webs. I even joked with Jess, telling her I got "shot in the mouth by Spider-Man." Anyways, the Mucinex seems to be helping to thin it out, so that is good.

I also plan on calling my doctor to inquire about a suction unit. I think having a suction unit on hand will help clear-up some of this non-sense that is building-up in my throat. Unfortunately, it's the weekend, so I'll have to wait until next week.

Other than that... today has been fine. I didn't have any crazy episodes this morning, and I'm hoping for the same tonight. I can't afford to loose any more calories.

Jess and I each picked a throwback movie to watch tonight. She picked "Varsity Blues" which has been one of my favorite sports movies. I went WAY back and picked "Flight of the Navigator." If you haven't heard of it... it is a Disney movie from 1986. It's SUPER good... one of my favorites! It's a great movie for the whole family... just go watch it.

Anyways... there isn't much to report today. It was a decent day with nothing out of the ordinary to report. I'm hoping tonight results in the same. If not, I will make sure to report it to you tomorrow.

Have a swell holiday weekend, and remember... BE SAFE!

1 comment:

  1. What about like a manual suction? And that's a great throwback movie!

    ReplyDelete