Wednesday, July 12, 2017

On the Path of Recovery - Day 15

Greeting everyone, welcome back to another installment that is my crazy journey with cancer.

Today, I had an appointment with my radiation oncologist. The appointment went well. Jess and I got there a bit early, which can never be good with this doc... he's always late. So, we sat there for the thirty minutes that we were early, plus another thirty minutes. After an hour... I get to go back. Even after being placed in an exam room, guess what we did? That's right, we waited.

The doc eventually made his way into the exam room. He was a bit shocked to see me so soon. I don't know why... it was the date he requested. My exam went well. I think he was surprised to see how well I had healed considering we are only two weeks out from my last treatment. He gave me a quick look-over and told me I was going to be prescribed two new meds... UGH! The meds are supposed to help soften the scar tissue. Apparently the radiation is going to continue scaring me up for the rest of my life. Well this sucks. I have to take pills for the rest of my life?  What a nightmare. Oh, and one of the pills causes nausea. Yay... my favorite!

The appointment went quick once the doc finally made it into the exam room. My next appointment with him is in November.

Afterwards, Jess and went to a couple RV dealerships to look around. We're looking to possibly buy an RV that is good for family camping. We're not sure yet. Our biggest concern would be that we don't use it enough. The problem is... we won't know until we try. So, that's in the talks. We'd be more than happy to hear your thoughts. Do you have an RV? How does the family like it? What should we know before getting one? And by the way... we are looking at getting a trailer, not a driving RV.

Well, I'm off to bed. It was a good day. Still no taste. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment