Friday, June 9, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 26

Hello family and friends. I hope you all had a wonderful week; I have no doubt we all deserve a relaxing weekend.

Today has been rough. I woke-up this morning getting a taste of what to expect over the next few weeks. My throat feels extremely dry and it's becoming increasingly difficult to swallow. There is a bit of pain when I do swallow, which seems to be constant due to the never-ending mucus build-up. I've had a headache on-and-off, and for the first time... the occasional nausea. To complicate things even more... my tinnitus is now accompanied by slight ear pain. I have a feeling this may delay my next chemo infusion. All-in-all, I feel like poo today. I felt this way when I woke-up, and the feeling hasn't escaped me for most of the day.

Radiation was okay. The staff could tell I was beginning to feel under the weather because I wasn't my normal, chipper self. Luckily we didn't wait long and were able to get in-and-out relatively quick.

I felt so drained today that I fell asleep in the car on the way home. I don't like falling asleep when its just Jess and I because it feels rude not leaving myself available to talk to.

I made it a point to establish some kind of feeding schedule. I need to take-in four to five bags of Liquid Hope a day, which means the typical breakfast, lunch, and dinner will not suffice. Plus, the food must digest quicker since it is in liquid form because I tend to get hungry quick. So, I tried to space my feed times out... adding one more feeding and making it a point to get out of bed earlier so I'm not eating so late in the morning.

Speaking of Liquid Hope... I received two more cases via UPS today, so I should be good to go for at least another week and a half.

There really isn't much more to report. My day has been spent either feeding or sleeping. Luckily the pain is minimal and breathing is not an issue, so sleeping has not yet become a problem. My energy levels are definitely low. I'm really hoping the next two days help to recharge my batteries before I have to face another week of torture. I'm trying my hardest to remain optimistic, but the slow decline in health cannot be ignored. I try to stay focused on the numbers... Only 2 more chemo infusions and 12 more radiation treatments.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment