Tuesday, June 20, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 37

Good evening fellow warriors! I hope today's blog finds you well.

Today has been pretty decent. Nothing exciting really happened... the normal routine really. I woke-up earlier than normal (5:00), but I think that is par for me on days following chemo. The steroids mixed in the chemo really give me a boost of energy. When I woke-up, I felt a lot better than I had over the past couple days. I know it is danger to my swallowing, but I really think limiting the amount of water I drink is helping to maintain a dry, mucus free mouth. To make-up for not drinking water, I am doing the dry-swallow exercises the speech therapist taught me. I have also increased the amount of water I pump in through my PEG. The only draw back to this plan is that it has given me some radical hiccups. But, if I had to choose one or the other... I'll take the hiccups.

Since I woke-up nice and early, I was able to feed earlier than normal, which was helpful since my radiation appointments were moved up. It made the second feeding I get in before my appointments a lot easier to take-in.

My appointment went well. We had to wait awhile, but once I was called back, everything went quick. The treatment itself was painless and I didn't experience anything weird. In fact, I forgot to mention that my burns didn't feel near as... burned today. This could be because I am off the hydrocodone and now on liquid form oxycodone. Now that I think about it... I'm almost positive that is why the burns hurt less.

By the time we got home, I was quite tired. I went upstairs for a nap while Jess went to work. She decided to swap her office hours to the afternoon since my radiation appointment was moved to an earlier time. I'm just happy that she can go back to her normal work schedule starting next Wednesday.

This evening went well. I've been able to get one feeding in, and hope to get a second in after I finish this blog. I watched some T.V. and surfed the net for a bit. Other than that... it hasn't been all that exciting.

Oh! I did get four cases of Liquid Hope delivered to the house today. That should last me a good while... if not nearly to the end of this ordeal. If not, I get more... so no worries. No doubt the work of many prayers. Thank you!

My fundraiser got a huge boost of support yesterday. A big thank you to all of you for spreading the word. My fundraiser has been shared one hundred sixty times. I owe its success to you!

If you haven't checked it out yet, or you want to share with your friends and family check-out the link below:

https://www.gofundme.com/from-cancer-warrior-to-trail-junkie

Have a good evening, and remember to do something exception on Wednesday. HUMP DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment