Friday, June 16, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 33

Hello. Welcome back.

My journey continues to increase in difficulty with each passing day. Today was worst than yesterday, and I can only imagine tomorrow will be slightly worst than today.

I woke-up to new pains in my mouth. I've had some discomfort, but nothing really "hurt" until now. I have a sore on the side of my tongue that cannot be ignored unless I am medicated. The mucus has been really bad today - so bad that the mucus is making it hard for me to communicate. I feel bad because I'm sure Jess feels I am ignoring her, but the fact is... I can't stand fighting through the mucus in the bad of my throat. I've been gargling with my rinses, but they only provide temporary relief. When I do attempt to spit-up the mucus, it hangs from me, refusing to let-go, like a toddler at his/her first time at daycare. To top everything off... my ability to swallow is being threatened by the pain that associates itself with the process. Twice today I choked on my pills.

If you look closely, you will see that my gums are turning white. The tissue is extremely raw and rubs off very easily. This makes brushing my teeth extremely difficult.


Today was standard. I only had radiation today, so I spent most of the day at home. I took both a morning and afternoon nap. I tried to drink a shake for lunch, but could only get through a third of it. Dinner is being dumped into my belly as I write this, making my third whole meal of the day. I'll need to make-up so calories tomorrow.

I expect many of my future posts will be short like this one. I just don't have it in me to write my typical dissertation. Speaking of long papers... did you know? Since starting this blog, I have authored 100 pages worth of content. That is 100 pages on Microsoft Word, single-spaced, Times New Roman, 12 point font. I have a running copy I am keeping as a back-up... just in case the website decides one day it wants to dump everything. I never would have imagined this blog would become so extensive. I hope this cancer doesn't hang around for another 100 pages.

Have a wonderful evening. We made it through another week, and deserve a pat on the back. Have an outstanding weekend. I will keep you up-to-date... no matter how hard this gets.

If you have a chance... check out my GoFundMe.

https://www.gofundme.com/from-cancer-warrior-to-trail-junkie

1 comment:

  1. Your mouth looks so painful sweetheart. I'm so sorry. 😥
    I love you

    ReplyDelete