Wednesday, June 21, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 38

Happy Hump Day!

Today was another okay day. This morning went as expected... I crawled out of bed around 6:00 and got breakfast prepared. I enjoyed a nice bag of Liquid Hope while catching-up on some news. My morning medication began settling-in, which means I was re-entering sleepy time. By 8:00, I was back in bed for round two.

I woke-up at 9:40 to get ready for my day. Everything was going well... I had some tight, sore skin around my neck, but nothing a little Aquaphor couldn't fix. Aside from my initial morning hacking of mucus, I felt decently clear. My throat was sore and swallowing is still burdensome, but I'm managing. 

I normally feed again before my appointment, but I decided against feeding again because I haven't had a bowel movement for a couple days - I have no doubt the new pain medications are to blame. Instead, I got some paperwork together I needed for both college and work.

Jess drove me to my appointment at our normal time. The hospital must have been super busy today because there was no parking anywhere. Jess had dropped me off in the front while she made an attempt at the dreaded parking garage. The garage was so full that she text me to let me know she was going to find some lunch while I got zapped.

I had to wait about 20 minutes before being called back, but that was okay... it gave Jess a chance to eat. My treatment went well. All I could think about while laying still was how grateful I was that all I had left was four treatments. Can you believe it? I'm almost done! The thought of being so close had me on Cloud Nine! If there were any side-effects from today's treatment to be felt, they were being completely ignored.

After my appointment, Jess and I headed to base. I needed to go into work to complete some important paperwork. If everything works out in my favor, the Air Force will hold on to me and I will compete again for promotion this year. With that, there is some very important paperwork I need to have filled-in and available. So, Jess dropped me off at the fire department so I could get some work done. It was nice being at work. Many of the guys stopped by to check-up on me and wish me a speedy recovery. It made me realize how badly I missed being at work. Soon... I'll be back soon.

I was exhausted by the time Jess and I got home. I had already skipped a meal, so I couldn't just go lay down. I had to quickly take-in a quick bag Liquid Hope before heading upstairs for a much needed siesta.

I think I laid down at 3:00. Jess had to come wake me up at 6:00. I was laying there trying to regain my bearings when I realized I was about to choke on mucus. I ran to the bathroom and began my typical post wake-up hack-a-thon.

My mom called as I was heading downstairs. She had my daughter Jacee and her husband Fred with her. We talked over Face Time for about fifteen minutes before I handed the phone off to Jess. It was nice to get to see and talk to them. I'm very thankful my mom is getting to spend some time with Jacee this summer. I know she doesn't get to see my kids very often, so this is a treat for everyone. I do miss Jacee and look forward to having her home again. Her comedic personality is definitely missed around here. 

Since my nap, my mucus build-up has been pretty bad. I've had to make my way to a sink on numerous occasions tonight. I was able to get in another bag of food, but as the night rolls on, I'm feeling more and more uneasy. Maybe I just need some more sleep. I may have pushed myself a little too much today. But, hey! That's what we do on Wednesdays... we try to do something exceptional.

Well, I'm heading to bed. I hope everyone fared well today. If not, hang in there. We only have two more days until our next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment