Friday, June 23, 2017

The Final Stand - Day 40

Hello world... welcome to the weekend!

Holly-molly... can you believe it has been 40 days? At times, it felt as though this journey was flying by, and at others... it couldn't have dragged-on any slower.

Today was one of those days where it felt as though time was dragging on. It wasn't a bad day, just a long day. I spent most of the day at home, but I didn't sleep as much today as I usually do, so that may be the reason for feeling the way I do.

I woke-up at a decent time... 7:00, I think. I laid in bed for a couple minutes, but was quickly forced out when I began choking on the night's build-up of mucus. I know its a gross topic that you would rather not read about, but I can't help but to elaborate on how vile this mucusitis is to me. Imagine the look and consistency of four raw oysters. Now, make them super sticky... like overcooked pasta covered in glue. This stuff sticks to everything and seems to have the production rate of rabbits. It can sometime take ten minutes to clear myself of all this vile mucus... only to have a whole new batch choking me out ten minutes later. It's maddening!

Anyways... I got-up and fed. I watched the news for quite awhile. I don;t know why... there was nothing particularly interesting being discussed, but I was glued in my recliner. I forwent my morning nap, and waited until my usual time before getting ready for the day.

Jess and I left at our normal time. We got to the hospital, where Jess dropped me off in front so I wouldn't have to walk through the scorching heat. We were hoping for a quick appointment, but unfortunately, it took awhile before I was called back. By the time I received treatment and text Jess that I was on my way out, she had already given up on waiting and found a parking spot.

I became extremely tired on the way home. I'm pretty sure I was slipping in and out of consciousness as we made out way back home.

Jess hadn't been to work yet, so she would have to turn around and leave again as soon as we made it home. 

I went to bed as soon as we made it back to the house. I expected to be out for quite awhile, but instead woke-up after only two hours. It was around 3:30 when I went downstairs. Jess was still at work, so I again found myself sitting in my recliner watching the news. With only having two hours worth of nap time today, I thought I would eventually crash while watching T.V. I got sleepy a few times, but never did fall asleep.

Jess wanted to watch a movie tonight, so I stayed-up to spend some time with her. We watched one of my favorite movies: "Romeo and Juliet" - the 90's version with Claire Danes. It doesn't matter how many times I watch that movie, I always find something new within the Shakespearean language that impresses me.

Well... I'm tired, so I think I will go to bed now. There are no new medical side effects or changes to report. I felt better today than I did yesterday, and hope tomorrow follows suit. Two more treatments!! Only - two - more!

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Met your awesome Jaycee yesterday. What a gal. Just beautiful. Grammy and Grampy are taking good care of her. Glad you treatment is ending soon.

    ReplyDelete